Here are some top tips from Dawn for the highly anticipated Spooky SZN:
1. Don’t let your kids have all the fun. Dress up for Halloween!
I love any opportunity to dress up! Over the years, we have collected a costume bin and it’s full of amazing tricks and treats. Working full-time with 3 kids, it’s difficult to do anything homemade so thank goodness for the internet and all the creative women out there who make my job much easier. Taking a trip down memory lane, my costumes have been quite a variety. In my younger days, my costumes were quite humorous and I dressed up in anything that would make others laugh. I think the best costume I had was the “wet t-shirt contest winner”. Last year I was “Queen Barb” from the Trolls movie which required a good ol’ black leather jacket and a rainbow mohawk.
2. Use a pillowcase to collect all the candy!
Growing up, we always got so much candy that we used a pillowcase to collect it all! It’s a tradition I’ve passed along to my kids for better or for worse!
3. Return the favor and put candy out!
Our neighborhood has a wonderful holiday tradition filled with kids running from one house to the others. We have hundreds of kids come to our door on Halloween night so I suggest buying any candy that comes in bulk!
4. Make a witchy potion…
…with a Hot Toddy and a splash of our Pause CBD Balance Tincture. It’s my trick to dealing with the kid’s sugar crash!
5. Treat yourself
Whilst the kids are trick or treating, treat yourself to a scary movie, a bottle of wine, and a crock pot full of homemade chili with a cup of adult hot chocolate. Spruced up with Peppermint Schnapps 😉 Don’t forget to make sure you have all the Press Pause CBD you can get – of course.
6. Crank up the playlist
- Here’s a sneak peek into my faves:
- Moonwalk Away – Goldfish
- Miracle – Matisyahu
- Matt White – Best Days
- Need Your Love – Sol
- Steel Pulse – Roller Skates
- Old Thing Back – Matoma & The Notorious BIG
- Meet me in the Woods – Lord Huron
- Drinkee – Sofi Tucker
- Days Without You – Satori
- A Reminder (Remix) – Trevor Hall
- I Know You Got Soul – Sol Rising
- Brandi Carlile- The Story
- For What It’s Worth (20’s Dub) – DJ Drez
Happy Spooky SZN!
Love, Dawn x